The client below came in to see Alice Huang. She suffered from severe psoriasis on her neck, legs, and arms. Below are photos from before and after being treated with acupuncture.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a common skin condition that speeds up the life cycle of skin cells. This skin disorder causes the skin cells to build up quickly on the surface of the skin. The result is scales and red patches that are itchy and often painful. Psoriasis can grow anywhere. It most often appears on the scalp, elbows, knees, and lower back. Recently, a client came to Alice Huang’s client suffering from severe psoriasis on her body particularly on her neck, legs, and arms.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture stimulates specific points on the body. This ancient Chinese medicinal practice uses specific points on the body to alleviate pain. In addition, it can help various health conditions. The process uses either thin needles (acupuncture) or using pressure points (acupressure). The acupuncture points are nerve points on the body that give access to the system of energetic meridians. The stimulation of the meridians increases the production of the body’s own endorphins and, at the same time, activates the immune and endocrine systems.
Alice Huang uses fine high-grade surgical steel needles, which are used only once. The needles may remain from 10 minutes to one hour, depending on the desired effect. Several of our clients can testify that acupuncture is the solution to their pain and discomfort.
A key philosophy in Traditional Chinese Medicine is that one organ can affect another, and what affects one organ can affect the whole body. This also applies to skin disorders like eczema, acne, psoriasis, alopecia. Acupuncture is an alternative treatment for those who prefer a non- invasive and non-chemical treatment.
Make Your Appointment Today
Alice Huang is here to help you with your skin disorder. Chinese Natural Therapies and Acupuncture is offered at all three locations. Choose the Metro Detroit location that is convenient for you and your schedule. The Dearborn, Wyandotte – Downriver, and Oakland County Clawson Offices are here to assist you. Please always feel free to call with questions.
- WebMD (2019), Psoriasis, https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and…/psoriasis/understanding-psoriasis-basics
- Mayo Clinic (2019), Psoriasis, https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/psoriasis/symptoms-causes/syc-20355840
- Sinay Danielle, (2017) Is Acupuncture the Miracle Remedy for Everything?, Healthline https://www.healthline.com/health/acupuncture-how-does-it-work-scientifically#what-are-the-benefits
- Palermo Elizabeth, (2017) What is Acupuncture? https://www.livescience.com/29494-acupuncture.html
- Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, Acupuncture for Eczema & Skin Disorders, https://www.pacificcollege.edu/news/blog/2015/01/16/acupuncture-eczema-skin-disorders